“Our reputation is earned every day”
Over the course of the past century, White Electrical has seen amazing changes and developments in the electrical contracting field. We pride ourselves on keeping pace with the latest technologies and methodologies. At the same time, the solid business fundamentals that have characterized our business since 1910 are still the core of our value proposition and our commitment to our customers:
On time, quality service, and a safe workplace.
- Founded in 1910 in Rome, Georgia.
- Instrumental in electrifying the South’s textile industry and burgeoning hydroelectric plants in the early 1900’s.
- Became a union shop in 1933 with strong affiliation with IBEW.
- Family-owned until 2008, when it became an employee-owned company (ESOP).
- Expanded to 6 branches across the Southeast with over 500 employees.
- Grown to revenue in excess of $48 million and a bond capability of $15 million.
With over 100 years of experience, White Electrical has survived all industry and economic downturns by developing quality solutions for our clients. Our company’s quality work gains us repeat business and referrals within each industry. Over 80% of our business is from repeat customers. Our projects range from small service work to multi-million dollar projects in various industries including power, automotive, pulp/paper, chemical, process mining, food/ beverage, and communications. Our experienced project management staff can provide design, installation and maintenance support to your project including:
- Electrical Construction
- Power Distribution Systems
- Controls & Instrumentation
- Voice-Data-Video Installation
- Equipment Installation
- Service Work
We also offer valued-added services of:
- Access Control and Special Systems
- Predictive Testing and Maintenance
- Multi-Craft Labor Management
Training & Management
Well trained electricians and project management staff raise the quality and reliability of service that White Electrical offers to our customers, Our training differentiates us from our competitors.
- Project managers and electricians, individually, average over 20 years’ experience in electrical construction.
- Every electrician is trained through the five-year apprenticeship program with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) union.
- Project managers and field leaders receive formal leadership training provided by White Electrical.
- Key management personnel are OSHA 10-hour certified.
- Project managers and key management personnel receive continuing education toward PMP certification.
- Detailed project management, field leadership, and quality control procedures are implemented company-wide.
Our excellent results are evidence of the success of our comprehensive safety program.
- Full time corporate Director of Safety and Safety Coordinators at each Branch office.
- Certified Drug-Free Workplace in all states where we work that recognize the designation.
- Experience Modification Rate (EMR) significantly below the insurance industry expected rating.
- Incident rates and lost time rates consistently and significantly below national average.